Jan 9, 2009

Oh my Ojai

We decided at the last minute to start the year off right and get away for a relaxing, health-promoting weekend at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa.  I had never been to Ojai and I fell in love with this quaint, scenic valley.  Nicole and Dan and Presley came along.  Michael and Candice decided it was too much to try to pack up two kids (one a newborn)  and head into the unknown.  I wish I had taken pictures off of our balcony - stunning rolling hills.  Scott and Dan golfed one morning and we each had a turn at a spa treatment.  Mine was an Ayurvedic herbal exfoliation, rubbed in with hot oil, and then soaked in with warm, wet towels.  The one hundred minutes of heaven were topped off with a foot massage and a hot oil scalp massage.  Now that's the way to start the new year - freshly exfoliated and moisturized!!


The thrill of the trip was a guided bike ride 16 miles down to the ocean.  There was a beautiful bike trail, the weather was crisp and sunny.  The last few miles going against the wind I was starting to feel it. The theme song of Rocky was playing in my mind as we came around the bend and saw the ocean waves glistening in the sun.  Love it!





The best part was when they picked us up in a van and drove us back up the mountain.  Now that's my kind of bike ride!

4 comments:

queenieweenie said...

It looks DIVINE! Can I come next time?

Candice said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We were bummed we couldn't make it. I wish I could have been there for the bike ride and massages, they sounded amazing!

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Beautiful! So glad that you all got away and had a relaxing weekend.

The architecture looks amazing as well. I love beautiful buildings.

Amanda said...

your blog is sooo cute, adrienne! and what's not to love about "skidite" in the spandex biker gear?! mark would be proud.

glad to see robby is doing well, too! and yes, he is very long! hahaha!