May 8, 2011

Missin' my Mamacita

During some of my Provo time this year I went through some old slide carousels from my parent's basement.  Here are a few little treasures of mom at different times in her life.  These are pictures most of us haven't seen in years!  I'm feeling a little sentimental about her today, so I'll just post the photos without too much commentary.


Uncle- Albon Smith, Aunt- Mary Smith, Mom- Ruth Hansen Latimer, Dad- Louis Latimer
when dad was Stake President in San Jose at the Oakland Temple.
What beautiful sisters!!



Mom was the original party girl!  Here she is hosting a gathering at their home in Walnut Creek, CA.


Mom with her beloved mother, Marian Andelin Hansen.  My dad's brother Merlon and Aunt Virginia.


 My cousin Llwellynn Smith - charming and dashing as always!! - at Lake Hebgen.


Mom with her sixth baby - Darin Latimer.


In our family room at the Mission Home in Quito, Ecuador with my three younger brothers, Kyle, Brett, and Darin.


Mom and Dad on a family vacation in Northern California.  Love the glasses!


Mom and her girlfriend in our pool in Tarzana, California.  Dad took several shots of mom like this!! :)

I'll post more of the pictures I found later.  But today, Mom, it's all about you.

9 comments:

Allison said...

Thanks for sharing Adie! I can see where you get your beauty and grace!

Katie said...

These are GREAT photos! She was such a beautiful woman. I miss her too. Thanks for sharing! (By the way, this is Katie King.)

Kamie said...

Love these Adie! Please post more!!!

Gregg said...

Great pictures Adie. Sure do miss my momma

Candice said...

I love these pictures. They are so amazing. It's like jumping into a time machine. She had such great style and seems like such a loving compassionate woman. Miss her.

Scott and Marissa said...

Oh Grandma Ruth was such a beauty, and wow that hair! I miss her so and I'm glad we could all honor her on mothers day. Thanks so much for this post, I adored it.

Mimi said...

Those pictures make me miss her, too. What a beautiful and fun lady! I have always been proud to have been named for her.
Claudia Ruth
I think she liked that too. She made me such a lovely "Birth" day card when I was born that I treasure.

nicole me oh my! said...

Oh mom, I am teary eyed! I miss my Grandma Ruth so much, and no wonder! She had so much amazing energy and such style and grace!! Love her, and truly feel honored to call her my Grandmother.

Thank you for the photos. I want to see more.

Quarantine Coronacation said...

I just now saw these Adie and absolutely love these photos. Your mom was and is such a grand woman. I have always felt such admiration for her. She raised one of the best women I know, you my dear. I know she feels joy in her heart seeing the beautiful life you choose to live. You carry on her legacy of service and love. I love you.