Jun 25, 2008

Sister Grandmas

Grandma and Grandpa with Michael at Disneyland.



Michael, Nicole and I seeing the Stowells off at the airport after their visit from Chicago.



Grandma holding on to Robby in a family picture from Rob and Claire's wedding in Arizona.

Olkay, so after posting about Bob's friend Barbara, I feel compelled to post about my mother-in-law/dear friend Judy. You know, equal billing and all that. I have been having such a strong draw to her lately as I get more and more involved in being a grandmother. It's like I'm getting to know her in a new way all over again. Every time I reach for Jordyn or get so excited to see her, I get remembrances of Judy as grandmother to my children. Scott and I made her a grandmother at the ripe old age of 42. She never loved anything more!! I feel a new connection to her now as I experience that same rush of love, joy, pride, service, laughter, tenderness and fun that I watched her share with my children for so many years. I have a whole new appreciation for all that she did for me and for my little ones. She had to be a long distance grandma for the first 14 years or so. She loved my children so much she sometimes had a hard time letting me be the mom and do things my way. But in so many ways she is a true example to me of how to truly appreciate this gift I have been given of being a grandmother. Judy, we are sister grandmothers now and I feel your influence with me.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

queenieweenie said...

Adrienne...I'm so glad you commented! I lost all my sidebar links when I put a new background up and I've had a heck of a time trying to get it all back.

Looks like you've been living the life!

Anonymous said...

Ok so after talking about this at the beach today obviously I had to check in (and leave a comment:)to see how sweet you were to feel the impression to write about dear Judy and now Im sitting here in tears! That is so ridiculous I know - but what a perfectly beautiful tribute to her and what a sweet way for her spirit to live on through you as you experience grandmahood. Grandmas really are the best - one of the strongest relationships I have is with my Gram and I know little Pres and Jordyn are going to have that same bond with you. So lucky to have such a wonderful Gigi! You are definately living up to your grandma legacy :) ~Jaymi

Anonymous said...

P.S - I love that one pic of you guys in the airport and that side profile of you - gorgeous. No wonder why that one mag wanted you ;)... ha.

Candice said...

This is so sweet Adrienne! I think you are an amazing Gigi and I have no doubt that Judy is there by your side during your special moments with Jordy. Grandma Judy was such a great woman and she definitely left an imprint on our hearts that will last forever.

nicole said...

This post is so sweet mom, we all know I couldn't miss my grandma more which is probably why I think little Presley is up there playing with her all day long until she gets here! She was the best grandma and you are the best gygi! I can't wait for our little ones to get you as gygi too! Love you Grandma Judy.

Allison said...

I appreciated your post with all the pix of Judy- what a lovely legacy she left. I miss her! We have been blessed to have Mitchy here for a couple of weeks and then Stace comes to Mn. tomorrow! It is great to keep connected with your family!

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Adrienne,
I know my mom is right there with you enjoying her little great grand babies. I am sure she is keeping a watchful eye as their guardian angel. I sure miss mom. I love her so much and I love you too.