Jan 20, 2008

Time for a little catch up

I am obviously not very consistent with this. I also don't really know what I'm doing. Nicole or Candice have helped me before. So here I go solo. Robby mentioned in his last letter that he was having baptisms this week that he was real excited about.

We have 4 baptisms this saturday. and they are all people who i started teaching. one of them is a man that we found through tracting, the other 2 referrals. and one is a little kid of a family who has been members for 2 years. but i am very very excited aout it. this is the first group of people who i really feel i was a huge part of bringing them to the gospel. they have strong testimonies and have been huge. plus they really understand the meaning of baptism and what its going to do to their life.





These are photos from his first baptisms. Yes, they are in the ocean. And Robby doesn't mind that they have to go way far out to get deep enough! The "hut" is where they go to hold their meeting before the baptism. He says it is awesome.
In one of his letters he actually said he thinks baptisms in a font are better in some ways because it is easier to keep a reverent spirit.

3 comments:

nicole said...

mom, can this be true?? A post on your own... I am proud of you mom. Keep it up! How cool is Robby's mission, I love hearing all of his stories too.

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Great work Adie!!!!
Keep it up
love ya
stacy

Candice said...

Great Job Adrienne, I am very impressed with the banner on top. I figured out how to do it, so next time I will make one for you.

Way to go Robby, We miss you!